Check out how I pack here!
Tips & Tricks for a (relatively) smooth trip:)
- Go solid when possible – use solid toiletries instead of liquid (I like the shampoo and toothpaste from Lush!)
- Sometimes its better to spend a little more on a hotel/hostel closer to town
- ALWAYS carry tissues (especially in SEA)
- Don’t overpack- you will most likely be able to buy things if you find yourself in a pickle
- Know how to say “hello” & “thank you” in the country’s native tongue (it’s polite and even if not necessary, appreciated!)
- When booking flights, go to the airline’s site directly (you can look for general fares on other websites first) to save money
- When traveling alone (even if you have the funds for a single room), stay in dorms to meet people
- Lonely Planet Guidebooks = Travel Bible
- Use a good backpack instead of a rolling suitcase.
- Try to go carry-on luggage only; if you must check in your beloved backpack, put the raincover over it.
- Bring a cable lock so that you can lock up your valuables in any locker!
- Look up Visa Information prior to leaving for your destination – No, not all countries have an easy visa on arrival system.